Steering Committee Membership Criteria
At any given time, the steering committee will consist of approximately 10 seats for member organizations, with the possibility of including multiple members per organization. When voting, each steering committee organization has only one vote. Steering committee membership will be revisited each year.
To become a member of the steering committee, the individual or organization must:
- Be a member in good standing.
- Have an interest and self-nominate for review and approval by the existing steering committee.
- Be nominated by a current member of the steering committee.
- Be an individual representing an organization with proven shared goals.
- Agree to be an active participant.
- Have a record of past and current participation in the TCHM.
- Have the ability to work well with other people, including negotiating common ground.
Current Steering Committee Member Organizations Include:
- Association of Substance Abuse Programs
- Clarity Child Guidance Center
- Disability Rights Texas
- Federation of Texas Psychiatry
- Hogg Foundation for Mental Health
- Methodist Healthcare Ministries of South Texas, Inc.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness Texas
- National Association of Social Workers, Texas Chapter
- Texans Care for Children
- Texas Council of Community Centers
- Texas Hospital Association
- Texas Medical Association
- Texas Pediatric Society